D*ckens

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 17:21:58 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/10/2003 1:57:09 PM Pacific Standard Time, Hallie writes:

> Lol.  I'd tend to suggest _Great Expectations_ if you want a
> recommendation for whenever you get around to giving him one more
> shot.  Not that I've read all of Dickens by any means, but GE is
> probably my favourite of all the ones I've read.  And then we could
> have a big old discussion about it! :-)

I like Dickens very much in general, but I have never been able to read
_Great Expectations_ since reading it for a class in high school. It's pretty
much the last one I'd recommend, therefore! 'Course, I should read it again

Many people can't read any 19C novels for pleasure, or hardly any. One of my
sisters is like that.

Helen Schinske