Connie Willis

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 17:14:28 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/10/2003 1:57:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Ian W. Riddell wrote:
>
> > I would highly recommend "The Doomsday Book". A historian travels
> > back to the early 1300s. And that's about all I can say without
> > giving it away. It deals, in some part, with how 21st century Oxford
> > and 14th Century "Oxford" deal with a similar threat. Well worth the
> > time to read.

My oldest sister, who is a microbiologist and not particularly an sf fan,
gave this one high marks. I think she would like _Passage_ too (which I've
just finished and thought was spectacular, though I don't think I quite
understand the ending), but I am not about to recommend it to her just now as
she has just finished breast cancer treatment. Hm, don't know if she would
like _To Say Nothing of the Dog_ or not. I wasn't as wild about that one
myself. Must try it again.

Helen Schinske