Connie Willis

jstallcup at juno.com jstallcup at juno.com
Mon Feb 10 15:37:34 EST 2003

What is the Doomsday Book?  Also by Willis, do you mean?  I just finished
To Say Nothing of the Dog too, but I read it in conjuction with Three Men
and a Boat, which it also has much in common with.

I enjoyed To Say Nothing of the Dog, but I didn't find it funny (the
cover leads one to believe it will be hysterical--it's not).  Three Men
and a Boat is much funnier (I kept waking my husband up laughing at it in
bed).   Still, it's a very good book--very rich and allusive, lots to
keep you thinking.  If some of the same characters are in the Doomsday
Book, I'll have to go read that as well.

Jackie S.

-