Childhood favorites.

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 14:22:15 EST 2003

<< 4.  Biographies.  This isn't a great entry because I can't remember the
series I read, but after I finished with Nancy Drew I moved on to this very
long series of biographies for children.  I was most interested in the
biographies of famous women; and much later, reading about how girl children
are so lacking in good female role models, all I could think was that they
clearly didn't know where to look.  I'm torn between wishing I could read
these and not wanting my illusions shattered. >>

Orange bindings and the illustrations in shilouette? I remember these! I
particularly recall reading the ones on Martha Washington and Jane Adams. Not
exactly favorites of mine, but ones I read fairly happily.