Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at kline.com
Mon Feb 10 10:18:17 EST 2003

> > >"The King asked the Queen and the Queen asked the Dairymaid . .. "
> >
> > I *do* like a little bit of butter to my bread!
> >
> > >and "Halfway up the stairs is the stair where I sit"
> >
> > Oh yes, and "You must never go down to the end of the town, if you
> > don't go down with me!"
> > "John had Great big Waterproof boots on,..."   Stop me now!
> >
> "They're changing guards at Buckingham Palace..."
>
> "What is the matter with Mary-Jane?"
>
> (grin)

"And James was only a snail."

"Sir Brian had a battleaxe with great big knobs on..."

These were a huge favourite of mine!  We had some fabulous cassettes.  The
man reading them did such a good job, both of the voices in the books and in
his reading of the poetry.

A few years ago I got obsessed with tracking down these cassettes and had no
luck.  It seemed my family were the only people that had ever heard of them.
Luckily I did the sensible thing and checked with my mum, and she still had
the originals, and some friends had copies of the missing ones.  She told me
that they were locally made here in Perth and that the man who read them was
someone that my grandfather used to know when he worked at the ABC.

Anyway, with the miracle of modern technology I got a friend to copy the
tapes and got them burnt to CD.

I'd love to share these with the other A. A. Milne fans out there!

If anyone is interested let me know.  They really are the most excellent
readings!

Kylie
(de-lurking)
(waves to Bodil and mumbles something about starting a letter any day now...
:)