Actually Garth Nix now (was Re: tad williams (was Re: : fantasy monarchies))

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Mon Feb 10 08:09:31 EST 2003

> Surely you can't mean Susan Cooper's 'Greenwitch' (it's Cornwall)?
>
> Charlie

No, Charlie; I've read the Dark is Rising series (found it interesting, but
a bit uneven - liked the fourth one best). This was a romance. Evidently it
was a reprinted early title by a writer who is still going and quite
respected. If I'd been her I;d have held out for a massive rewrite. I don't
think Susan Cooper has ever written what I'd call a *bad* book - books not
to my a\taste, yes, but she's an accomplished author and knows what she's
doing.

Sallyo.