Obscure Childhood favorites

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 03:50:20 EST 2003

Tanaqui wrote:

>The one that no-one else I have encountered has ever read:
>_The Seven-Times Search_ Paul Biegel
>(translated: Gillian Hume, illustrated Babs Van Wely)

Neither have I.
But this reminded me that no one here responded to my question about _Poor
Cecco_ by Margery Williams. Does no one else here know this book?

Here are a couple more:
_The Amazing Land of Wew_ by John Kaufer. Very obviously inspired by the Oz
books, a little darker and less whimsical. This book used to belong to my
mother and I own it now, I've never seen it or heard of it anywhere else.

and one I truly hope I'm not the only one to have read and loved:
_Understood Betsy_ by Dorothy Canfield Fisher

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug