Lunacy

johanna at nobrandheroine.net johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Sun Feb 9 22:56:36 EST 2003

> ---Original Message From: Jon Noble
>> >
>> > Since the cycle of the moon is 29 days, I'd say that
>> > a typical menstrual
>> > cycle is much closer to lunar than anything else is.
>> >  I have no trouble
>> > understanding how the two cycles became interwoven.
>> > Months are strange,
>> > actually.  If you do the math, you could have 13
>> > months of 28 days each and
>> > be one day short of a full year.  So to me, it'd
>> > make more sense for us to
>> > have 13 months of 28 days with one heck of a
>> > new-years party stuck somewhere
>> > interesting...

Am I the only woman on here who thinks that the notion of a 28-day cycle
is bunk anyway? I don't think I know anyone whose cycle is 28 days (& many
women I know have cycles that aren't regular, period [snarf. no pun
intended], much less a 28-day cycle). I feel like it's mostly a myth, like
the "women ovulate on day 14 of their cycle" thing.

Johanna