Suzette Haden Elgin

johanna at nobrandheroine.net johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Sun Feb 9 11:01:09 EST 2003

> Earthsong?  I did read it, and....I wouldn't say it was awful, but I
> didn't enjoy it as much as the Judas Rose, and I didn't think THAT was
> as good as Native Tongue. Sort of a downward curve. Or maybe it was just
>  that by the third volume I felt she was beating me over the head with
> the Whort-Sapir hypothesis.

Hm... ok, so still not really worth me seeking it out--Native Tongue is
back in print, but afaik neither of the two sequels are. Fair enough. At
least if I see it in a used book shop someday, I'll know I can snatch it
up & probably read it w/o wanting to scratch my eyes out before I'm done.
^_^

> Speaking of Elgin, has anybody else read her Ozark books?

Nope! For some reason they didn't really sound intriguing to me.

Johanna