Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 9 09:35:38 EST 2003

>In the story I remember the children collected coins out of a fountain >in
>order to buy food (I thought this was a brilliant plan). Is this in >this
>book?

Yes, that's the book. Another Newberry Medalist. I think E.L.Konigsburg has
won the Newberry at least twice, and been nominated several times. "From The
Mixed up Files" is my favorite book of hers, a far second in my book is
"Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley and Me" and the others just
never particularly appealed to me. Including "Silent to the Bone" which I
believe is her most recent book and was highly lauded.

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug