EmmaComerford at aol.com EmmaComerford at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 01:14:37 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/8/03 8:34:21 AM E. Australia Standard Time,
iwriddell at charter.net writes:

> >> While on Louise Fitzhugh, I remember seeing a film once about two
>> children who hid inside the Metropolitan Museum for the weekend, and for
>> some reason I have it in my head that she was involved. Anybody got info
>> on that?
>

> That was "From the Mixed up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" by E. L.
> Konigsburg. It's a good book, but even better is her "The View from
> Saturday" and even better is her "Silent to the Bone." I can't recommend
> those two books highly enough

Hey, I think this may be a long-lost book from my childhood! The author and
title do not ring any bells, but I remember being read a book about two
children who lived in a museum for a weekend. In the story I remember the
children collected coins out of a fountain in order to buy food (I thought
this was a brilliant plan). Is this in this book?

Emma :)