Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Sat Feb 8 07:24:32 EST 2003

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 12:31:59PM +1000, Ms Kathleen Jennings wrote:

> Narnia: Have never been able to be disloyal to them. The Horse and His
> Boy took me longest to like but is my favourite now (and then The
> Silver Chair). Scripture Union in Queensland used to run week-long
> camps for children in grades 5-7 and one of them was Camp Narnia. It
> was held in winter on a macadamia nut farm in North Maleny (coastal
> hinterlands) in the farmhouse: twenty children, one book (each camp
> was based on one volume of the series), boxes and boxes of costumes,
> songs based on the books, wierd and wonderful food, archery,
> fencing... I went the three years I could go as a camper and once in
> year 9 as a junior leader - still some of my happiest memories,
> surrounded by people who loved Narnia and immersed for a week in a
> fantastic world.

Oh my.  Oh my.  I was a leader on one of the Camp Narnias!  It was
probably 1985 or so.  I was only ever able to go on the one because the
timing kept on conflicting with my exams (I was at uni) and then I moved
interstate.  What a small world!

Kathryn Andersen
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Peri: Doctor, why do you have a stick of celery in your lapel?
Doctor: Does it offend you?
Peri: No, just curious.
Doctor: I'm allergic to certain gasses in the Praxis spectrum.
	If the gasses are present, the celery turns purple.
Peri: Then what do you do?
Doctor: I eat the celery.
	If nothing else, it's probably good for my teeth.
				(Doctor Who: The Caves of Androzani)