The Undying

christian nutt ferricide at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 8 22:18:05 EST 2003

>I think that worship comes first, then the image. The Undying become
>godlike because people treat them as gods; and gods are more likely to
>have images made of them. If you see what I mean.

what about mitt? he's definitely undying. but look:

he was revered as a king but not worshipped as a god, and he specifically
avoided having his picture made so he could not be bound to an image as a
god -- but he has godlike powers (or, well, he's been allowed to call on the
power of alhammit and libby beer.)

my thought then is that being bound to an image is unrelated to being an
undying -- it's how one is made into a *god*. the distinction is probably
subtly important to the person in question. it seems to limit their course
of action and aspect.

christian.