Rude drivers (was Re: tad williams (was Re: : fantasy monarchies))

johanna at nobrandheroine.net johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Sat Feb 8 22:10:18 EST 2003

> so what's your take on people who stop in doorways, in front of stairs
> and  escalators, etc?

Holy cow, I hate this! Also the related action of people waiting on the
platform for a subway who push their way on without waiting for passengers
to get off first.

Yeah, it's obliviousness, but that doesn't make it any less rude, because
like you said, it's the mindset that you have the right to do whatever you
want.

Although as I believe Melissa said in another message, occasionally I do
stuff like that too. Of course--it happens to everyone--& I am v. contrite
when someone has to squeeze by me & I realize. But, really, when you have
to say "excuse me" in increasingly louder tones three times before someone
even deigns to look at you & grudgingly move the shopping cart an inch?
GRRRR.

Johanna,
cranky commuter/shopper ^_~