OT: Childhood favorites

Laurie Puszczewicz lpuszcze at indiana.edu
Sat Feb 8 19:27:59 EST 2003

There's also Madeleine L'Engle, which I don't think anyone has mentioned
yet, but I can't seem to re-read her books now, although I liked the Vicky
Austin books, and really only the third one of the Meg trilogy (the one
where she is married and Charles Wallace does a sort of time-travel
thing to save the world from war).  But
speaking of L'Engle, did Buffy fans notice
(spoiler space for those who haven't seen all of Season Six yet...)

Space

Space

Space

...didn't the end of Season Six, where Xander stops Evil Willow by telling
her he loves her, remind anyone else of the end of _A Wrinkle in Time_,
where Meg saves Charles Wallace from the mind control of whatever it was
(it's been a very long time since I read the book) by telling him she
loved him?  Not accusing anyone of ripping L'Engle off, it's just that
when I watched that scene, it almost immediately reminded me of _A Wrinkle
in Time_.

space

space

Laurie (procrastinating like crazy)