Childhood favorites

Laurie Puszczewicz lpuszcze at indiana.edu
Sat Feb 8 19:00:19 EST 2003

How could I forget the Blossom Culp books by Richard Peck?  Everything
about them is more or less a favorite--I love the Egypt theme of the last
one, the trip to the 90s (which seems so outdated now), and everything
about the one where she and Alexander take the trip to England with the
supposedly crazy older lady.  I wish Peck would write another in the
series, but he's been doing other good things lately, so I shouldn't
complain.

I also liked the Soup books by Robert Newton Peck (I read more books with
boy protagonists than I thought!--Encyclopedia Brown, ESP McGee...) and
the Trig books, which I think were by the same author.  Oh, and _The Witch
Family_, which I think was by Estes too...better stop reminiscing.

OBDWJ:  I know I read Charmed Life and Lives of Christopher Chant around
this age, and Witch Week, but I never really got "into" DWJ until I was
older.

Laurie (while I am thinking of it, can anyone recommend any good
travel-memoir type books besides _Under the Tuscan Sun_? Next best thing
to actually taking a trip is reading about someone else's)