Manners (was: Re: tad williams (was Re: : fantasy monarchies)

hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Feb 8 17:02:37 EST 2003

>  >>>"Better"???  :-)
>>>
>>>phhhhbbbbtttt
>>
>>Oh puh-lease.  Do you *have* to use technical jargon like this?  ;-)
>>
>My apologies for not keeping the vocabulary down to your intellectual level.
>I'll try harder next time.

Ohhh, that'd be ever so nice, dearie.  Do you think you could maybe
not talk quite so much about books, while you're at it?  I mean,
they're grand for the kiddies and all, but other than that - well,
you know yourself.  Now, what's on the telly, that'd be much better,
wouldn't it?

>  >
>>Oh, bad drivers are RUDE, IMHO.  Well, except for Tom, of course.  I
>>think I'd classify rudeness as a serious disregard of other people's
>>feelings, so bad drivers are generally somewhere in a continuum from
>>rude to homicidal.
>
>That's Jacob's definition, but mine narrows it to an *intentional* disregard
>of others' feelings.  Hence the arguments, mine being that he can't usually
>tell whether someone deliberately cut him off or was just oblivious.

Well, I *was* going to say that anyone who's stupid or arrogant
enough to be oblivious to other drivers on the road, shouldn't be
driving.  But then Charlie brought in Thomas a Kempis, which said the
same thing much more impressively. ;-)

Hallie.