Le Guin font

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Sat Feb 8 12:03:03 EST 2003

>  > My copy with Ged halfway through his transformation to falcon on the cover
>>  is Linotype Juliana (the one with spiky full stops and commas), which is
>>  also used for my copy of _Charmed Life_ and Susan Cooper's _The Dark is
>>  Rising_ sequence. I just have the four-in-one EarthSea collection with me
>>  here, so I'll have to check later whether my copy of _A Wizard of
>Earthsea_
>>  is a '77 Puffin. How strange.
>
>I'm looking at my three 1970s Puffin Earthseas (the Wizard has the same
>cover you describe, from which you'd never guess that Vetch - it is him,
>isn't it, holding the curtain open? - is meant to be black) and they're all
>set in Linotype Pilgrim. But the Puffin Dark is Rising (similar date) is
>Juliana, sure enough.
>
>Charlie

My "Dark is Rising" is a newer edition, but my copy of Cooper's "Over
Sea, Under Stone" is the Puffin and is set in Juliana as well.It's
much more vertical than Pilgrim.

And, actually, Ged is supposed to be very dark-skinned as well (of
course, since he's a hawk on the cover who can tell!).

widdy

--
Fairy tales are not true--fairy tales are important, and they are not
true, they are more than true. Not because they tell us that dragons

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net