Actually Garth Nix now (was Re: tad williams (was Re: : fantasy monarchies))

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Sat Feb 8 03:16:45 EST 2003

> Of my friends that I've lent _Sabriel_ to, all loved it except one close
> friend whose taste is very similar to mine. I was almost shocked that she
> didn't like it. When I asked her why, she asked, "What's to like about
it?"
> So even when people like almost the same books, there are bound to be some
> exceptions. (I still don't get it, though. One day my friend and I must
talk
> about _Sabriel_ some more.)

I've never found anyone whose taste matched mine more than approximately. My
sister and I read a lot of the same stuff, but our tastes are like two
circles that intersect for about 1/3 of their volumn. My son is a fantasy/sf
reader, but again we like just some of the same books. I don't suppose any
of us have exactly matching tastes, but at least on this list we have some
idea of working out *why* we like or don't like books.

Sallyo
Writing contests at http://sallyodgers.50megs.com/1stchaptercontest.htm and
http://sallyodgers.50megs.com/youngwriters.htm