Book length (was Re: tad williams)

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 7 22:47:32 EST 2003

>My point has been that the choice not to read a book should not be conflated
>with the overall quality of the book.  I'm not going to read _American Gods_
>because I know there are things in it that would really put me off.  Does
>that make it a bad book?  Of course not.  But I am, nevertheless, rejecting
>it.

I think you are wrong to do so. Judging from the kinds of things you say
about the books you like, I think you probably would really enjoy it.

I'd offer to explain why I think this, but I know god is going to strike me
down for blaspheming against doctrine (that Melissa is always right), so
I'll just say goodbye to you all now and wait for the thunderbolt.

Robyn