on games and ghibli

Fri Feb 7 22:45:28 EST 2003

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:19:13 +0000, christian nutt wrote:

>>I (briefly) wrote for an
>>online game magazine, but my inability to ever finish a game led to my
>>quitting after only a year.  It was a very casual operation, and I didn't
>>get paid except in review copies, but that was plenty for me.
>
>cool -- do you have any links?

I'll have to go look.  It was a REALLY long time ago, as the gaming world
goes, and the friends who used to own it sold it about a year ago, and the
format's changed a lot since then.  (The true reason they had me doing it
was because they could count on me not to submit reviews that needed
extensive revision and copyediting.  They also used to send me these really
weird games originating in Eastern Europe, interesting because you could see
they were only just getting the hang of the whole computer game thing.)  I
don't think I did more than five or so.

>>I can't tell you how excited I am about
>>_Castle in the Sky_ on DVD as well as _Spirited Away_, neither of which
>>I've
>>seen.
>
>spirited away is great. i saw it once in the theatre, and i need to see it
>more to drink it all in.. i barely have a more coherent opinion of it than
>that. i've never seen castle, and i'm really looking forward to it.

I need to remember to mention it to our GM.  He's probably whined the
loudest about it and I bet he'd spring for the DVD.  And then I could borrow
it.  This happens a lot--he buys more anime than I do.  :)

Melissa Proffitt