Book length (was Re: tad williams)

Fri Feb 7 22:32:34 EST 2003

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:06:53 -0700, Robyn Starkey wrote:

>This book length thing is really freaking me out. I don't understand how
>anyone can make judgements without considering the quality of the story and
>the prose.

I think we've already establishe that such people are NUTS.  Oh...we didn't.
Oops.  My mistake.  :)

> but rejecting a book on
>length of pages is as silly as rejecting it because the cover is blue.

My point has been that the choice not to read a book should not be conflated
with the overall quality of the book.  I'm not going to read _American Gods_
because I know there are things in it that would really put me off.  Does
that make it a bad book?  Of course not.  But I am, nevertheless, rejecting
it.

Melissa Proffitt