Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Fri Feb 7 21:27:26 EST 2003

stairs is the stair where I sit"

> Oh yes, and "You must never go down to the end of the town, if you
> don't go down with me!"
> "John had Great big Waterproof boots on,..."   Stop me now!

A big difference between AAM's edgy rhymes and RLS's "Up into the cherry
tree" etc, isn't there?
I had the RLS book and the Milnes as a child, and when I hauled them out for
my children I was shocked (yes, *shocked!*) at how poorly RLS came out of
the wash. Considering his novels... was it even the same person? (Obviously,
yes... but having a bad-pen day.)