Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Fri Feb 7 21:18:14 EST 2003

> Anything by Richard Scarry
> This is more about the illustrations than anything else, but to this
> day, the sight of a mouse driving a crayon car makes me smile!

well I was Absolutely Disgusted with R. Scarry when my son was little. He
bought a little book about a platypus and it was *riddled* with errors.

Platypus eggs will *not* be found on the bank of a North American river.
Never.

Platypus eggs could *never* be mistaken for a hen egg. They're not even
egg-shaped and come in sort of stuck-together pairs.

The platypus is *not* the "rarest mammal in the world".   It *might* be the
rarest monotreme, but I don't think it's rarer than the echidna, which is
the other contender...

Put me off RS for good, that little effort did!

Sallyo.