Rereading

johanna at nobrandheroine.net johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Fri Feb 7 18:24:28 EST 2003

> Is anyone else constantly torn between the desire to reread
> favourites and read new books?

YES! I feel like there are so many books I haven't read, & also, in terms
of nonfiction, so many areas I know -nothing- about, that I shouldn't
reread stuff a lot of the time. But some books are real comfort rereads...
& also, I read pretty fast, & when I'm especially familiar w/a novel, even
faster.

However, there's some types of books (like heavier nonfiction stuff) that
just aren't good commuting reading--either they're too taxing, mentally,
for 8 AM on the subway, or the book isn't easily holdable w/one hand (the
other hand holding the pole--I don't get a seat every day!). So I read
those at home/on weekends, & indulge myself w/all the conveniently mass
market paperback sf/f I want to reread while I'm zooming to work. ^_^

Johanna