cryptonomicon, anime (was Re: tad williams)

Fri Feb 7 18:12:41 EST 2003

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 07:11:01 +0000, christian nutt wrote:

>my day job is working for gamespy, a popular site for game information as
>well as services related to gaming.)

Wow, now I'm REALLY impressed!  I use Gamespy all the time, mostly so I'll
know what everyone else is so excited about.  I (briefly) wrote for an
online game magazine, but my inability to ever finish a game led to my
quitting after only a year.  It was a very casual operation, and I didn't
get paid except in review copies, but that was plenty for me.

I'll have to check out these game and anime links.  It will be especially
good to get information on anime.  We're sort of limited to mainstream
rental places here (due to my spending all the discretionary income on books
:) and every time I look at the shelves, I have no idea what to choose.  And
one can only watch Akira so many times....I bought Jacob the first Cowboy
Bebop DVD for Christmas, but haven't had a chance to see it.  I'm looking
forward to it because I've only seen a few episodes here and there.

On Kiki: Okay, I've only seen the American version, but Phil Hartman was a
favorite actor of mine, and when I see Jiji it's more about remembering him
than about the character, really.  I can't tell you how excited I am about
_Castle in the Sky_ on DVD as well as _Spirited Away_, neither of which I've
seen.

Melissa Proffitt