Book length (was Re: tad williams)

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 15:21:59 EST 2003

>i noticed when rereading HP4 that the text and spacing are a lot bigger
>than HP3 in the same edition.

I had two children call me up at home last week, asking the same question
(which leads me to believe they inspired each other), which was - why was
the Hebrew edition of HP4 shorter than the English edition of the book? Up
to now the Hebrew editions had been a few pages longer. They didn't seem to
believe me when I said it was a simple matter of playing with the margins
and the size of the letters, which the publishers did to avoid having to
print the book in two volumes (for some reason the standard in Israel is to
print on thicker paper, so books that are 800 pages in English often do need
to be printed in two volumes here). I'm sure they still suspect I've been
syphoning off words deliberately to shortchange them.

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug