tad williams (was Re: : fantasy monarchies)

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 7 07:03:18 EST 2003

Hallie wrote:
> I recently read _Lirael_ and was very
> disappointed in it, after _Sabriel_.  One of my reasons was that I
> felt it desperately needed a good cutting, and would have been much
> better a couple of hundred pages shorter.

Yes, he could have taken all that boring stuff with the Dead out and had
more of her being a librarian.
I'm mostly joking, but I suspect I wouldn't have liked it as well if it only
contained enough words to directly drive the plot; atmosphere and background
are often what make me like books enough to reread them.
Jennifer