Racism (was Re: Hugh Lofting)

Rosie Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 06:20:58 EST 2003

FWIW, I'm with "keep the original text" (and if you're worried about
kids picking up wrong attitudes, use it to teach them about different
points of view and why they happen at different times - sorry, badly
put, but I am feeling feeble after giving blood). But coming off the
hobby horse, can someone remind me of the racist parts of Dr Dolittle?
I haven't read all the books, and none of them for a while, but those
elements can't have made much of an impression on me).

Thanks,
Rosie