Thu Feb 6 13:18:14 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 00:09:13 +1100, Kathryn Andersen wrote:

>One omission, which puzzles me -- it was a book I actually looked for on
>my shelves and couldn't find it.  "The Golden Goblet" by (someone)
>McGraw (I think).  A historical set in Egypt with a boy as protagonist.

It's Eloise Jarvis McGraw.  We discovered _The Golden Goblet_ because it was
on our homeschool reading list.  (Most of those books are SO out of print
that I stopped using that history curriculum.  I'm all for good fictional
texts, but do they *have* to assume that anything published after 1950 is
morally suspect?)  I also bought McGraw's _Mara, Daughter of the Nile_ and
enjoyed it.  The main character is a spy and a sneak but ultimately very
loyal and honorable, and the romance is pretty good.

Melissa Proffitt