Fat and lit

Macrae-Gibson,R R.Macrae-Gibson at lse.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 07:29:17 EST 2003

Trying desperately to bring this back on topic, Fanny is a short form of Frances.
In Wilkins Tooth Fanny is teased by Busters Gang by being called Sweet Fanny Adams. Jess says to her 'well be Frances then'.

Don't know if Franny is used more for Francis, or just because it has less rude connotations.
(There's a Franny Roote in some of the Dalziel & Pascoe novels)

Rowena