Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 05:44:37 EST 2003

Kathryn wrote:

>I definitely have to agree about the beautiful illustrations in the
>Andrew Lang Fairy Books.  I am jealous of my sister because she's the
>one that has our copies; and I am So Annoyed that the current reprints
>have eliminated all the colour plates!  Oh, they're there, but they're
>in greyscale, not colour.  8-(

Funny, I have color plates in several of my Dover editions (though not all).
Does this mean they are earlier reprints? Hmm...
And yes, they are stunning. Very pre-Rephaelite, IMHO.

I'm printing out your list of favorites, as I agree about the books I know
from it...

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug