Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Wed Feb 5 18:09:35 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 02:38:54AM -0800, Jon Noble wrote:

> --- Sally Odgers <sodgers at tassie.net.au> wrote:
> > > May Gibbs - "Snugglepot and Cuddlepie" I'm sure
> > even
> > > Sally (no Tolkien here) Odgers will have read this
> > one
> > > and loved it.
> >
> > My dear Jon - I *wrote* it!  (that is, I wrote some
> > original stories for G-P
> > using May Gibbs' characters under licence. I will
> > not comment further on a
> > public forum, except to assure you it was all legal
> > and above-board.)
>
> I do love those books, many generations of Australian
> kids (and many others who weren't born here, but like
> me grew up here) have grown up with the gumnut babies.
> I'm sure they shaped our national psyche.

So that's why I'm so odd?  I haven't read "Snugglepot and Cuddlepie"?
Mind you, I *have* read "The Magic Pudding", so I'm not completely lost.
Of course, I have to blame my parents.  Except that I am quite content
with the diet of Narnia, Middle-Earth, Pooh, and Andrew Lang's coloured
Fairy Books that they gave us...

Kathryn Andersen