tad williams (was Re: : fantasy monarchies)

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 15:16:15 EST 2003

--- johanna at nobrandheroine.net wrote:
> Charnas (anyone read her YA trilogy, the Valentine
> Marsh books?)... Hm...

Yes!  I loved these in late elementary/early middle
school.  I got them out of the library, and then later
realized that I wanted to own them and couldn't find
them for a number of years.  And then I found the
first two used, but was having absolutely no luck
finding the third one -- to the point where I was
starting to believe that I had made it up and it
didn't actually exist!  But then I found a
battered-and-dropped-in-the-bathtub copy for cheap at
Uncle Hugo's [one of the best bookstores ever] in
Minneapolis and have been happy about it ever since.

Er.  Sorry, babbling a bit.  Anyway, these are
fabulous, and I wish there were more than just 3 of
them...

--jenwa.