Friendship and Fat and lit

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 09:51:33 EST 2003

Hallie wrote:
> But the falling in love doesn't disqualify the friendship, does it?
> Can't, given the example you chose.

I don't think it does, (I was friends with my SO long before we went out!)
but most of the books I can think of where people fall in love, they aren't
friends beforehand.
I was musing aloud, really. It seems difficult to think of books where
friendship is an important aspect of the book, rather than just featuring
characters who have friends.
I guess Magicians of Caprona is a good ObDWJ, without the friendship that
starts during the book the White Devil might have won.
Jennifer