Jill Murphy (was: Re: HP & DWJ)

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 03:02:57 EST 2003

Jon wrote:
>The story was doubtless posted by some contributor to the site,
>and may not be true

I suspect it isn't, as it is not in keeping with the spirit of what Jill
Murphy has said in interviews (in the interview quoted on this list, she
expressed annoyance at the ignorance of readers, not indignation at the
infringement of her rights), and if it were true, one would think it would
be much easier to find corroboration. Neil Gaiman had some entries in his
online journal a couple of years back, about how a journalist had written a
story implying that he accused Rowling of ripping off his Timothy Hunter
character. Gaiman had done nothing of the kind, and was rather angry at the
journalist and at other papers that picked up the story, if I remember
correctly.

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug