Fat and lit

Wed Feb 5 01:40:20 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 00:24:40 -0500 (EST), deborah wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>|but I know the male lead and he's, um, attractive but
>|balding.  A lot.  Actually he's a very good-looking guy, but in a
>|non-traditional way.  Good for them.)
>
>Word to me!  I appear to be Deborah, Mistress of Unconventional Notions
>of Beauty.  Since my partner is long past balding, and I don't think
>he's "attractive but balding", I think he's gorgeous, and probably more
>so than he would he if he still had hair.

When I said "attractive but balding" I was mostly thinking that most people
don't go for bald men, but also that the first time I saw the play I was
referring to, the male lead was very cute in a VERY traditional way.  That
made it seem like the "normal" guy was sort of condescending to the "fat but
cute" girl.  I'm glad for the change.

I'm really into guys with facial hair nowadays, which I wasn't before.
Beards are so adorable.

>Also, I've decided that Blade is cuter than Howl.  And I think Xander is
>more attractive than Spike.  So clearly I'm a freak.

Nah.  I never liked Spike until he got into the whole redeemed vampire
thing.  Xander is far cuter.  But I have to say that I prefer Howl because I
just like his type.  I imagine him as someone I wouldn't think was cute at
first, but as I got to know him, I'd find him increasingly attractive.

Melissa Proffitt
married to a man with a devil beard