fairuza balk (was Re: HP & DWJ)

christian nutt ferricide at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 22:40:45 EST 2003

>I like her when she's being open-eyed innocent, but find her creepy and
>disturbing in the more goth bad-girl roles she's had.

funny; i have the opposite reaction. i find her to be excellent as the
creepy and disturbing person and creepy and disturbing as the innocent. then
again, that might be colored by return to oz which is a creepy and
disturbing (and, imo, kind of bad) film.

she's also very good in american history x, though she has a very minor
role.

i prefer valmont to dangerous liasons in a number of ways, one of which is
because glenn close is just unbearably icky but annette benning is
delightfully evil. or that's how i feel, anyway. =)

she was meant to be on the current season of the sopranos. she was in the
final episode of season 3, but when it was rebroadcast, they had cut her out
and replaced her scenes with reshoots featuring another actress. that
actress continued this (new) character on the current season. they never
gave a real reason why this was done AFAIK.

christian.