Friendship and Fat and lit

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 16:45:30 EST 2003

> Please tell me that the fat person stays that way, and doesn't lose
> weight as a happy side effect of gaining
> confidence/magic/friends/whatever.  Please oh please oh please.

I can give you that proud reassurance, Deborah! Mardy begins by worrying
about her weight a little, but by the end of the book (only four days but
several Double Chocolate Nut Krunch Bars later), she has got the whole issue
firmly in perspective. After what she's been through, I'm not surprised...

Charlie