Fantasy Monarchies

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 11:43:44 EST 2003

> Actually, the book *was* accepted by one company, but then the editor
left,
> and the thing was finally rejected *eleven* years later.

Crikey, Sally, that's a depressing story (I mean the one about your
publishers, not the one you wrote). Of course you're right, what I had in
mind was other-world fantasy rather than SF (which yours would count as I
guess?) or even - with plentiful exceptions (cf Wierdstones, Gomraths and
Rising Darks) - this-wordly-fantasies, which often deal with local effects
such as hauntings.

Charlie