Jill Murphy (was: Re: HP & DWJ)

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 06:12:26 EST 2003

Denise suggested:

>Try running a Google just for 'j.k. rowling lawsuit' and you'll get quite a
>few... Here's one, albeit about Nancy Stouffer suing JKR rather than Jill
>Murphy

I actually have a specific interest in Jill Murphy's case, and was not able
to find a single reference to it (even after following your advice). I know
far too much about the Stouffer case. I was under the impression that Jill
Murphy had explicitly stated she would not consider taking legal action
against J.K.Rowling, though I do not have a reliable reference for this
information either. It's important to me because I sometimes refer to the
"copycat effect" in my talks and lectures about Harry Potter. So if anyone
on this list has a reference for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug