Fairuza Balk (OT) was Re: HP & DWJ

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 17:40:36 EST 2003

--- johanna at nobrandheroine.net wrote:
> Wow! I'm guessing "The Worst Witch" was the basis
> for a TV movie of the
> same name, which used to be shown every Halloween. I
> used to love that
> movie when I was younger. It had Fairuza Balk in it,
> who I quite liked, &
> I'd never heard anything about her again, except now
> she's in a film
> that's in theatres (but I can't remember the name,
> of course).

You're probably thinking of Personal Velocity, which
looked interesting but I haven't yet seen it.  If you
want to see more of her movies, I liked these:
Return to Oz [creepy!]
Valmont [a version of Dangerous Liasons, with more
heart, and Colin Firth!]
Gas Food Lodging [a wonderful little coming-of-age
indie sleeper]
The Craft [fun!]

--jenwa.