Mon Feb 3 00:16:18 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:16:15 -0600, Ian W. Riddell wrote:

>I will say, in the books' defence, that my favorite thing about them is
>the character of Snape. I love the fact that although his hating of
>Harry (with a passion) does not make him evil. It makes him annoying
>and frustrating, but he's on the side of the angels in the long run.
>Sometimes there are people who are good guys who we just don't like and
>don't like us.

I love Snape too.  I love that he always turns out to be Not The Villain.
That alone makes these books unusual for their genre.  I mean, he's got all
the easily-identifiable characteristics of Mr. Nasty, and yet he's never as
bad as they suspect.  I love that Alan Rickman is playing him in the movies.
(My kids were shocked all to pieces when they were watching Galaxy Quest and
I pointed out that the guy with the weird head makeup is also Snape.)  I
think the one thing I am looking forward to in the next few books is
discovering what mission Snape is on for Dumbledore.

Melissa Proffitt