feminism and fairy tales course syllabus

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 21:54:25 EST 2003

--- Gili Bar-Hillel <abhillel at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >How interesting that you actually got to take a
> course with the person
> >whose book I'm using!  One of the fun things that
> I'm finding about >going
> >to conferences is actually meeting people whose
> work I admire >and use.
>
> Heh heh. Did I ever write here about the time when
> the nice silver-headed
> lady sitting next to me at a lecture at the Oz
> Centennial convention turned
> to me after I had raised my hand for a comment, said
> I had made an
> interesting point, and then identified herself as
> Alison Lurie?

The closest I have ever come to this was on my first
day at University. I was trying to impress a rather
attractive girl sitting next to me at a lecture with
stories of what i had got up to a school (activities
involving fireworks, time fuses and school assemblies
in the main) when she identified herself as the
headmaster's daughter.

Jon