Best of 2003 (excruciatingly long)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Dec 30 20:14:40 EST 2003

On Tuesday, December 30, 2003, at 03:34 PM, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

>> You could solve your problem here by taking up with Amazon.co.uk.
>
> This would require my having a much larger book budget than I have.
> :)  I
> order all the Pratchetts from there and about half the DWJ
> books--though I'm
> as likely to get them from the local store.  I think I've mentioned
> that my
> habit of buying Pratchett books from England has more to do with not
> liking
> the crappy U.S. covers than anything else, now that they're released
> simultaneously.

If you just heard high-pitched squealing noises over there in Utah
-- I'm in southwest Colorado --, it's because I just opened a present
from my niece -- the US edition of _Monstrous Regiment_ autographed
by Sir Pterry!  I'm thrilled!

It says:  To Otter, even though the rest of your collection has British
covers!

<swoon>