Best of 2003 (excruciatingly long)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Dec 29 17:25:20 EST 2003

On Monday, December 29, 2003, at 01:12 PM, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> Best List Recommendation:  _The Eyre Affair_, Jasper Fforde
>
> I checked this book out three times before actually reading it.  It
> wasn't
> until I heard good things about it from you people that I decided to
> give it
> a try.  I loved it!  Now I can't wait for the third one to come out
> here.

You could solve your problem here by taking up with Amazon.co.uk.

I get all my Pratchett, Jones, and Fforde from them.   So I have all
three Ffordes -- well, they're on loan to my sister, I think.

I admit that shipping takes longer, so I don't get Pratchett and Jones
the minute they hit the stands.  Oh, well.

[A bit of an anecdote about _The Eyre Affair_:  my sister finally got
around to reading it.  And she enjoyed it.  But she had <gasp>
NEVER read _Jane Eyre_, so she didn't get all that stuff about the
changed ending.]

[She's read it now.]