christmas book wishes

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sat Dec 20 06:20:43 EST 2003

Robyn Starkey wrote:
>So, I have to ask: what books are on your wish list for Santa?

*Eats, Shoots and Leaves* by Lynne Truss.

>I always ask for a book for Christmas, but there doesn't seem to be
>anything I specially want this year. Give me some inspiration...

Last year it was Schott's Miscellany, which I can't spell reliably but
which if you don't have it is still around and still wonderful.

If it were still available, *The Well-Tempered Sentence* by someone
whose name I can't remember, but I fear that when *The New Well-Tempered
Sentence* came out my chances of getting that became very slim, if it
ever even existed at all.

Minnow