Stew (see scurvy)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Dec 18 11:25:25 EST 2003

Joe Nankivell wrote:

[list of books I don't own and can't afford this close to Christmas and
me with a large and rapacious family snipped <mutter>]

>All of these are quite new to me - too young. I did grow up with the
>Jenguin Pennings though, which was a bog book in my house for a
>time - so I was aware of Douglas Adams' imposture with *The
>meaning of Liff*.

Yes, well, Adams also claimed to have invented the game of "Mornington
Crescent", which if true would mean he must have been born before 1930,
that being the year in which my mother remembered being totally
bewldered by it when someone brought it into her family home in the
summer holidays.

Minnow