LotR and the BBCs Big Read

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Dec 18 11:21:23 EST 2003

Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>You *can* try out newer things and still  reread P&P as well - many
>times! :)  But my mind doesn't work well at this kind of task - I can
>(with great difficulty) choose my favourite from a list of books -
>whether it be all-time favourite DWJ (ok, it changes, and I usually
>end up picking three or so instead of one), or favourite reads of
>this year (we all going to play along with Melissa's game this
>time?), but just favourite book?  Impossible.

Favourite for *what*?  If I want to weep, my favourite might be *Castle
Blair* or *The Armourer's House*, if I want to giggle or even roar with
laughter, one of the Paul Jennings books from another thread, or maybe
*Cold Comfort Farm*, if I want to worry about writing poetry in a house
surrounded by wolves, *Dr Zhivago*....

Minnow