LotR and the BBCs Big Read

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Dec 18 08:07:40 EST 2003

Robyn:

>I find it extremely interesting also how few new books there are on
>the list - it sounds a little like a list of things people *say*
>they read to impress others. I mean, how many times can one read
>P&P? Isn't it time to try out something newer?

You *can* try out newer things and still  reread P&P as well - many
times! :)  But my mind doesn't work well at this kind of task - I can
(with great difficulty) choose my favourite from a list of books -
whether it be all-time favourite DWJ (ok, it changes, and I usually
end up picking three or so instead of one), or favourite reads of
this year (we all going to play along with Melissa's game this
time?), but just favourite book?  Impossible.

Hallie.